Friday, January 05, 2007

Back to normal

It feels like a long time since my last post - due in part to the holiday season, but also because of a somewhat disabling back problem, which finally seems to have cleared up. However I spent much of Christmas and New Year flat on my back (and not due to over-indulgence on the sherry!)

I was going to post a round-up of the end-of-year posts from other maths and physics blogs, but the moment has passed, so I'll wave goodbye to them and assume you read them elsewhere.

More current goings-on:
  • The new issue of Science is a special issue on astroparticle physics. Well worth looking at.
  • Great post from Mark Liberman at Language Log on 'executable' articles. I am particularly interested to how this would translate to physics and maths articles.
  • Heart-warming, real-life hero story from the New York Times.
That's it for now. We are busy recruiting editorial board members for our first journals in high-energy & particle physics, condensed matter, AMO, applied & nonlinear physics. If you or a colleague would be interested in joining the open-access revolution - get in touch with me at this email address: chris.leonard [at] physmathcentral.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home