Anyway, no time for detailed blogging right now I'm afraid, just a bit of a linkdump from my email and RSS reader. They're probably better than what I'd write anyway :-)
- Questioning the authority of people questioning the authority of peer review - but only, it seems, for papers on Intelligent Design. Hmmmm.
- Quantum computation a step nearer - as an outside to QC, I'm absolutely fascinated by the possibility it holds. Let's hope this brings quantum computers to a store near us soon.
- Black holes spinning at their theoretical maximum - 950revs/s sounds fast, but given the overall weirdness of these things, it doesn't surprise me too much.
- String theory causing more ruckus - it's nice to have some real passionate debate in science, and this one looks like it will run for some time.
- Good news from J-Parc - their high intensity proton synchrotron accelerator is up and running.