Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Open access expansion

After a hiatus of nearly a year, I'm glad to report that I am back working in the field of scientific publishing. I have been asked by BioMed Central to develop their physics, mathematics & computer science titles which will, like all journals published by BMC, be open access & free to read.

As many of you will know, I left Elsevier late last year and went to work for an interactive music company called Digimpro. They are still going strong with their community-driven site, but the opportunity to get back into the STM world on a more (ahem) respectable side of the fence was too good to pass up.

So - here I am right at the start of what feels like a great adventure. It is only day 2 but I am already very excited about what lies ahead. We haven't concretely decided on very much at the moment, but as soon as there is something to announce I'll be doing it on here.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the people who were so understanding in my previous role and invite them to get in touch (contact details on the right). OA is only getting stronger and it is time for the real scientists to enjoy the benefits that biologists and their medical friends have been enjoying for years!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home